The Open Group ArchiMate® Forum will make available the latest version of the ArchiMate Specification®, version 3.0, with a series of announcements and events to take place throughout the months of June and July.
The latest evolution has the following new features:
- Elements for modeling enterprises at a strategic level, including mapping capabilities, resources and outcomes
- Modeling support for physical materials and equipment
- Improved consistency and structure within the language
- Improved usability and alignment with other standards, such as TOGAF®, BPMN, UML and BMM
This version of the specification will also include refinements such as:
- Improvements and new elements to represent how architectures evolve over time through implementation and migration
- Improved grouping capabilities for connecting different elements to see how they’re related
- Cross-layer dependencies, alignments and relationships (to correlate business applications and technology, for example)
- Mechanisms for customizing the language for specialized or domain-specific purposes and address specific real case situations.
ArchiMate 3.0 also furthers the relationship between the ArchiMate language and the TOGAF ADM.
Certification programs for version 3.0 of the specification will follow later this year. In the meantime, current certification programs will remain active. Once available, a bridge certification will be also available for those choosing to transition from the current version of the specification to 3.0.